We consider “involved” an active verb.
Civic and social participation is a cornerstone of our corporate structure; it’s in our bloodlines. So, rather than merely writing checks, we contribute significant human currency to the many organizations we support. We sit on their boards, supply ideas and brain power, stimulate action.
We also established the Swire Carbonell Scholarship Fund, helping FIU’s art and art history students cover the considerable cost of their tuition and supplies – and ensuring that great ideas and artworks continue to emerge in South Florida.
We believe that these ‘involvements’ reach out to benefit an entire community.
Swire Properties staff members currently serve on the Board of Directors of:
- New World Symphony
- Vizcaya Museum & Gardens Trust
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce
- Voices for Children
- Miami River Commission
- Brickell Key Master Association
- Brickell Area Association
- Dade Heritage Trust
- UM Citizens Board
- Beacon Council
- Miami Lighthouse for the Blind
In the past we have also served as board members and leaders of:
- Habitat for Humanity
- Belafonte Tacolcy Center
- FIU Metropolitan Center
- Building Owners and Manager (BOMA)
- British American Chamber of Commerce
- United Way
- Miami Downtown Development Authority
- Miami Performing Arts Center Foundation
- The New World Symphony (Community Board Chair)
- City of Miami Blue Ribbon Committee (Co-Chair)
- World Trade Center Miami
- Inroads Miami
In addition, Swire Properties has been a significant financial contributor to the Miami Performing Arts Center, Habitat for Humanity, United Way, the American Red Cross and Voices for Children.
We also support a host of organizations such as the Homeless Assistance Center, Angels of Mercy, Children’s Resources, Junior Achievement and Camillus House – and have been supporters of Miami Riverday, Festival Miami, the Miami Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival, Dade Heritage Trust and the Voices for Children Gala.