To provide high level administrative support to President in an extremely fast paced office environment. Organize and conserve President’s time, be proactive in anticipating President’s needs, assist in daily planning processes and promote the corporate image by representing the President both internally and externally. Communicate, collaborate and cooperate with staff, clients, consultants, vendors in all business interactions.
• Schedules and organizes activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities
• Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the President
• Retrieves information from files when needed.
• Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
• Sorts and distributes mail. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
• Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
• Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
• Ensures operation of equipment; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
• Answers phones for President. Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions.
• Organizing and maintaining and extremely active calendar, make business and personal appointments.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in a similar role
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong Organizational skills
• Detail-oriented and proactive with focus on accuracy; able to multi-task and committed to high performance in an environment with changing priorities and deadlines
• Able to work independently and in a team environment, must be able to make decisions
• Strong work ethic; maintaining confidentiality and professionalism
• Excellent knowledge and proficiency of MS Office Products (Excel and PowerPoint)
• Effective verbal and written communication in a professional manner, administrative writing skills
• Good listening skills and excellent customer service
• Reporting Skills
• Keen eye for errors and inconsistencies
• Flexible and Adaptable
Compensation and Benefits
• Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
• Comprehensive benefits package including:
o Life/STD/LTD Insurance
o Paid Parking
o Paid time off
Must possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, and compute rate, ratio and percent.
Must be able to apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or in diagram form.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will spend long hours sitting, using computers and office equipment, is regularly required to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions expected to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to cover, contain, or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all activities, duties or responsibilities required of an employee to this job. An employee in this position may be asked to perform other duties as required
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER